July 26, 2004
Courteous. Righteous. Edified. Dignified.
Last Friday, the staff in our school was invited to attend the official reopening of our buddy school, Chong Boon Secondary. There were speeches, welcome dance, and a short play. The thing that struck a chord in me was how when asked to stand up to sing the school song, there was a unanimous sigh from the rear section where the student cohort was seated. Ahh, very familiar. So I see that some reactions never change. Nice.
Last Saturday, when I was sitting along the Esplanade (after being disappointed with a shooter from Harry's that looked like it's called - Brain Haemorrhage) with Wenn, we were reminiscing about our secondary school days. Coincidentally, when I met Juan for lunch today, she was asking if I ever called Mrs Cheng and that maybe we should call her up to find out how she's doing (I'd bet she's a little rich woman of leisure now).
I miss secondary school days. In fact, I was missing my JC days too, a few weeks back. And I thought to myself, if I can go to the extent of missing JC days, I must REALLY miss studying A LOT!
So, I guess that's the motivation for today. My Secondary alma mater? Zhonghua Secondary School. School motto?
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 18:47